Searchlight Pictures is hiring a Director, National Publicity (Project Hire) for a short term (~6 month) assignment as a Project Hire (benefits eligible)
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater Los Angeles Area
May 23, 2023
Searchlight Pictures is hiring a Director, National Publicity (Project Hire) for a short term (~6 month) assignment as a Project Hire (benefits eligible). The Director will report to the VP, Publicity and have the following responsibilities:
- Independently manages Press relationships and Above the Line talent.
- Liaise with talent reps, talent, Directors, and Producers to develop their respective film’s publicity campaign strategy (premieres, events, and other special publicity opportunities).
- Cultivate deep industry relationships with talent reps, press outlets, agencies and award partners and apply this knowledge to understand talent and filmmaker needs, and suggest other talent sources like authors, photographers, etc.
- Manages outside specialty PR agencies, consultants, and short-term hires, and partners with Human Resources to ensure that individuals are paid and classified appropriately.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and direction to Publicist.
- 8 or more years of professional experience in public relations, journalism, marketing, or a related field; in-house experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate level of experience.
- Strong industry relationships with talent reps, press outlets, and agencies.
- Strategic and anticipatory thinker a must.
- Established relationships with AMPAS & HFP a plus.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with multiple partners and stakeholders.
The hiring range for this position in California is $ 139,741.70 to $180,842.20 per year.