Produce and edit or oversee the edit of multiple original video series from pre-production through final delivery on behalf of iOne Digital for use across key brands and global third-party platforms including but not limited to YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater New York City Area
Mar 24, 2023
**SALARY RANGE: $80,750.00 to $90,000.00**
- Complies with Network and Urban One’s mandatory trainings and adheres to related course deadlines.
- Serving as in-house producer and edit support for digital original content
- Produce and edit or oversee the edit of multiple original video series from pre-production through final delivery on behalf of iOne Digital for use across key brands and global third-party platforms including but not limited to YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Have a deep background in live action and post-production
- Have an expertise in production resources and facilities for all aspects of production
- Work closely with Production Management to create production schedules for projects. This includes script development, shoot dates, edit, graphics and audio dates.
- Work with other departments to manage entire production process, ensuring all schedules adhere to defined budget and timeline.
- Know full status of all projects at all times. Regularly check in with all relevant parties to ensue any issues are flagged early.
- Revise scripts/treatment/ideas of each project, identify issues and come up with solutions to same
- Work with legal team on music and media licensing for clearance of audio and images
- Generating the creative behind each video, including finding the right talent, creation of shot lists, interview questions and handling the daily schedule to ensure timely delivery of each video, while working collaboratively within the ecosystem of Urban One and our external production companies working on original programming.
- Develop ways to incorporate iOne Digital and Urban One talent into video creative that generates millions of views, and thus increased awareness for the brand.
- Bringing a unique, creative vision and strong editorial voice, and constantly work to identify new sources of content/talent as well as new formats for storytelling.
- Collaborating with the Integrated Marketing and Sales teams to develop sponsored content opportunities and treatments in support of iOne Digital shows.
- Operating in an urgent, timely and agile manner
- Working with the video team to ensure that robust and compelling digital video content is crafted to promote network initiatives.
- Help craft, update and distribute creative briefs to all relevant parties for each project.
- Review briefs to make sure all details are included in order to move forward with the project.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with outstanding organizational skills
- Able to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good writing skills
- Computer proficiency an absolute must
- Excel at conceptualizing innovative ideas to tell highly engaging, fun, positive stories about music/AA/youth culture
- Ability to work independently while also providing leadership and critical thinking for a close-knit creative team
- A curious critical thinker always looking for stories with a passion for editorial storytelling and new media.
- Can work well in a collaborative environment
- 5+ years of experience working for a major network brand or agency in a producing capacity
- Extensive experience in hands on/field production
- Project management experience
- Undergraduate degree in Media/Film/TV, related field or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in storyboarding, episode overviews, shot lists, interview questions & physical production
- Experience in ideating, crafting a narrative, capturing the moments & producing compelling final cuts
- A successful history in the digital and social media landscape, including creating content for YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snap and other platforms, including branded & sponsored content
- Proficient with HD videography, photography, journalism, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, AVID, Final Cut Pro or other non-linear editing systems
- Experience producing live broadcasts for Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Experience developing creative concepts into long form and short form series and specials
- Experience creating behind the scenes content on Film & TV sets, interviewing actors and celebrity talent