WLBT is looking for a full-time digital content producer to embrace its growing digital efforts and publish content to all of our platforms.
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WLBT-TV, is the #1 rated local TV broadcast and digital media in Central Mississippi. We are a dominate NBC affiliate that consistently produces award winning local news coverage. Jackson, MS is market #92 with a 24 county DMA. Jackson, MS is Mississippi's largest TV DMA, serving as the state capital, with several local universities, and home to the largest medical facilities in the state, including the prestigious University of Mississippi Medical School. Jackson is located within a short drive from beautiful Gulf Coast beaches, New Orleans, Memphis, Birmingham, Nashville, Dallas and Atlanta. If you love SEC sports, we have four schools (Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Alabama and LSU) less than three hours away. And Saints, Pelicans and Grizzlies fans are an easy three hour drive from NOLA and Memphis. The Jackson metro is the economic hub of Mississippi and a great place to work, live, and raise a family.
WLBT is looking for a full-time digital content producer to embrace its growing digital efforts and publish content to all of our platforms. Candidate must have an outstanding writing ability, excellent communication skills, and must thrive in a deadline-driven, fact-paced environment. The candidate must also have strong, aggressive journalism skills, including the ability to gather news from a variety of sources to produce enterprise content for WLBT. Someone with a sense of service who wants to tell stories in a highly ethical, journalistic environment and have a great time doing a tough job.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Must be able to write and publish news/weather coverage on all WLBT digital platforms including website, OTT apps, and social media
• Strong skills in gathering user generated content; creating photo galleries, interactive data maps, infographics; editing and clipping video for online use, as well as any additional duties that are assigned
• News writing and Adobe digital suite experience are preferred, as well as knowledge of ENPS
• Flexible work hours required, must be willing and able to work a variety of shifts including (but not limited to) mornings, afternoons, evenings, late nights, holidays, weekends and possible overtime hours
• 2-3 years experience as a digital producer/writer including social media
• Journalism or Communications degree preferred
• Flexibility with respect to scheduling and assigned work shifts
• Pre-employment drug test required
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.