11Alive, TEGNA's NBC station in Atlanta, is looking for a Digital Content Producer to join our growing team. We're looking to redefine the way local news is covered and delivered, and our next digital producer should embody that mindset.
Greater Atlanta Area
The ideal candidate is a journalist who thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves news and working on the cutting edge of digital and social media. This position will produce original content for 11Alive that will reach our customers whenever and wherever they are, on whatever device they are using at the time. They will also manage content produced by others, including copy editing, for our various desktop/mobile/social outlets.
The successful candidate is innovative with strong video editing and writing skills combined with solid news judgment. Qualified candidates will have experience posting stories to digital-mobile-social platforms, working knowledge of online CMS software, video and photo-editing skills and the ability to work a flexible schedule. More important, the person we hire will want to win on every screen.
- Write and post stories to all 11Alive online Digital-Mobile-Social platforms
- Report news as it happens online (strong breaking news skills) and generate web traffic through application of advanced social media and SEO skills
- Monitor news releases, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other online news sources
- Use social media mining tools (CrowdTangle, TweetDeck, Dataminr) to discover unique content
- Work with all newsroom departments on content coverage, broadcast-digital coordination and social listening
- Coordinate live stream of news events daily online and on social media, with heavy emphasis on breaking news
- Edit breaking videos for 11Alive.com, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Identify compelling, unique stories and user-generated content of interest to our audience
- Create enterprise content (stories, videos, photo galleries) for the 11Alive digital platforms.
- A journalist
- Three years’ experience working as a digital producer or journalist preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage requests from various sources with an ability to work well with varied personalities within deadlines
- Excellent writing (stories, social, push notifications), editing, and proofreading skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills