The Compositor is responsible for compositing visual effects shots using NUKE and in-house software packages in our Linux-based production pipeline.
The below list describes the essential functions of this role, but other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
- Integrate cg elements and matte paintings into live action plates.
- Match color, lighting and exposure of stock elements to rendered or photographed elements.
- Matte extractions from blue/green screen photography.
- Present work clearly in dailies and rounds and respond to supervisor feedback in a timely fashion.
- Transform and warp elements as needed.
- 2D/3D camera tracking and stabilization.
- Grain and degrain shots as necessary.
- Plate speed up/slow down manipulation.
- Matte edge processing and integration.
- Quality Control black levels, grain, color, mattes.
- Occasional help with paint fixes and rotoscoping work.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills
- Experience compositing with NUKE.
- Production experience in a Linux environment.
- An eye for color and composition.
- Color correction and matting skills.
- Must have strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Must be able to take direction and exercise attention to detail in a fast-paced production environment.
- Must be highly organized, strong ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Background in art/photography or related production experience is a plus.
- Experience with Maya or another 3D package a plus.
Knowledge of projection mapping a plus.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
To be considered for this position, please include links to your resume and reel. You may contact us at:
Email resumes to: email@example.com
Please be sure to include the following in the subject line:
Resume: Your Name, Compositor