The Design Supervisor will carefully review what production has assigned and either approve or shift assignments to match the strengths of the artists.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Feb 01, 2023
- Meeting Prep: Review animatic/storyboards prior to each episode’s Art Breakdown meeting.
- Meetings: Attend the Art Breakdown meeting, BG discussion meeting, and BG design launch. Production will take notes during these meetings, but it is recommended that you take your own notes as well. The Design Supervisor should feel comfortable weighing in during these meetings on how to handle the BGs for the episodes.
- BG Assignments: Production will do a first pass of the assignments. The Design Supervisor will carefully review what production has assigned and either approve or shift assignments to match the strengths of the artists.
- BG PSD File Prep: Check the notes Production has placed in the BG PSD files. Add or clean up notes as needed.
- Reviewing Designs: Act as first reviewer of the B&W BG designs.
- Act as first point of contact for the artists for any questions or concerns.
- Act as first reviewer of the B&W BG designs when they come in.
- Check for show style and continuity across designs.
- Communicate any notes to the artist.
- Designs approved by the Design Supervisor will then go to the Art Director and Supervising Producer for final approval.
- Supervisor’s Assignments: The Design Supervisor will also have background designs assigned to them based on their bandwidth.
- Keep in communication with the Production and the Art Director regarding schedules, design statuses, and any problems that arise.
- Various tasks assigned by supervisor.
Weekly Hiring Salary Range: $2373.6 - 2600.0.