MTV Entertainment Group Production is looking for a Coordinator to join our Los Angeles-based team! This position will work across the team as an asset on all productions, both internal and third party to bring creative ideas from concept to production through to air and final delivery.
This role is designed to facilitate all facets of production for the team on a wide slate that includes development, series, and specials across the Paramount Media Networks brands. Genres include Unscripted/Reality, Competition Format, Multi-cam Studio, Documentaries, Scripted and Animation. The right candidate is diligent with the ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment while producing results both in office and on set. The candidate must also have a calm and positive demeanor, must be team focused with a collaborative approach.
This position is based out of our Hollywood Office and will function in a hybrid schedule. Remote applications will not be considered.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Work closely with Production SVP, VPs, Directors, Managers, and Show Production Staff to examine the needs of each production
- Provide support throughout the production processes to ensure success during pre-production, production, and post-production phases of a project
- Liaise and partner with numerous internal departments including Business and Legal Affairs, Finance, Press, Tech Ops, Post Production Operations, Talent, Marketing, Security, I.T., Facilities
- Maintain, review, and update all production files in collaboration with wider Global Production Teams
- Generate tracking reports and develop grids utilizing the Nexus platform
- Onboard new hires, staff and crews, draft deal memos, set up IT and facilities needs
- Create and track payment schedules for productions, talent, and personnel
- Build internal budgets and develop comprehensive budget analysis from season to season
- Create and maintain contact sheets, call sheets, various show distribution lists, and other documents needed for the department and productions
- Coordinate with other internal departments as needed to ensure all legal and safety parameters of a production are met and all deliverables are received and distributed appropriately
- Have a thorough, current ongoing knowledge of all related crew competencies
- Act in an ethical and professional manner at all times, adhering to Paramount's code of conduct policies
- Facilitate and manage Schedules, Meetings, Travel, and T&E expenses for Executives as needed
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to anticipate problems
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information - Confidentiality a must!
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in production for television or film with hands-on, set based production experience
- Must have previous experience creating and managing production specific documents including contact sheets and call sheets
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, One Drive, Power Point, Teams, etc.), Zoom, Slack
- Working knowledge of budget building and cost forecasting
- Experience with Movie Magic Budget, Smart Accounting, SAP, ARIBA, Concur, Jolt, Scenechronize software desired but not required
- Confidentiality with a strong attention to detail and organization a must
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and ability to troubleshoot production issues with diplomacy and professionalism
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize in an ever-evolving production and business environment
- Desire to excel in a demanding and fast-paced environment requiring proactive and positive thinking
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with personnel at all levels
- Be a continuous promoter and supporter of a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Requires a non-traditional work schedule and travel as needed
Hiring Salary Range: $60,000.00 - 65,000.00.