Bally Sports South is seeking a Coordinating Producer to join their Atlanta, GA based Production department.
This is a critical management role, responsible for day-to-day management and oversight of live event network productions in conjunction with the Executive Producer. The Coordinating Producer also manages the coordination and integration of certain studio-based productions (primarily pre and postgame shows and live update cut-ins) into live event telecasts. The Production department produces over 700 remote events, 250 studio shows, and additional original content projects for two networks on a yearly basis.
The CP’s responsibilities more specifically include supervision and assignment of all event production Producers and Directors; coordination with the Director of Operations to maximize production resources within budgets; evaluation and critique of Producers, Directors, and on-air talent; implementation of network production procedures and guidelines; and coordination of production needs for third party productions.
This position also plays a role in generating, coordinating, and executing strategies of multiple departments within the network, including marketing, sales, and programming, to ensure that all event productions are efficiently managed and meet the network’s highest standard. This position regularly interfaces with other Bally Sports RSNs regarding sharing best practices, elements, equipment, and personnel. The position reports to the Executive Producer.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Manages all staff and independent freelance production/on-air staff associated with the production of all assigned live event telecasts.
- Determines the producers, directors and all non-talent production personnel for live events as assigned and gives appropriate instruction.
- Provides daily managerial oversight for live events and communicates/produces documents outlining production operational details for each regional event. Ensures that all live event productions meet network standards and comply with network budget guidelines.
- Provides regular and frequent evaluations and feedback to all live event production personnel (producers, directors, and talent)
- Serves as the primary daily contact for integrating and executing all production, marketing and ad sales elements within live events.
- Interfaces with FSN Promotions, Sales, Graphics, Music, and Operations departments to ensure that all elements related to each production are appropriately delivered and accurately logged/trafficked as necessary.
- Provides excellent management and leadership to all event productions. Works with Executive Producer to coordinate all studio and/or other productions and staff which may be involved in live events.
- Work closely with the Director of Operations and Finance department on tracking and reconciling annual budget of $40 million.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Communications, Broadcasting, Radio/TV/Film, or equivalent work experience. A minimum 5 years experience in live event production, studio production and technical operations is required, with supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Strong familiarity with remote production facilities and studio facilities is also necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven ability to communicate effectively while leading and managing a team is necessary.
- Experience working with production budgets, hiring of above-the-line personnel and talent will be given the strongest consideration.
- The ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills are also required. The ability to work under pressure independently is required.
- Knowledge of live television production environments, including the ability to work flexible hours is necessary.
- Occasionally required to bend and lift up to 30 pounds, when transporting equipment. Must be able to drive a car. Must be willing to travel and attend live sporting events.
- Knowledge of and passion for NBA basketball, NHL hockey & Major League Baseball is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook is needed.
- This position works primarily in a professional office setting and will also often work in a remote production unit or studio.