Senior Technical Director is responsible for the technical and quality assurance strategy of digital preschool division.
Toronto, ON, Canada
Oct 12, 2022
They are accountable for the technical architecture, technical delivery and quality of products and is responsible for the technical planning, delivery and management of the QA and technical teams. They work collaboratively with key production leads to ensure the business meets its goals and objectives. By evangelizing the technical vision and quality mindset, they motivate and inspire their teams supported by the Technical Director, Associate Technical Director, Technical and QA Leads.
The successful candidate will have a best-in-class sandbox of tools in place to build upon, Unity, Swrve, Vimeo, Big Query, Tableau, Super Awesome, and AWS.
- Responsible for the overall strategic direction and leadership of the division in technology and quality assurance.
- Responsible for defining the technology and quality assurance strategy of each product.
- Accountable for creating, monitoring and measuring goals, targets and expectations for the technical group.
- Responsible for continually researching, evaluating, and leading the technical system, implementations on design, performance, quality assurance and best practices.
- Responsible for the technical principles for the division.
- Accountable for the recruitment of exceptional technical and QA talent.
- Act as the senior point of contact for technology team, participate in stakeholder communications, meetings, demos and calls as needed.
- Responsible for developing and evaluating performance measures for teams and individuals.
- Responsible for coaching the development team by identifying strengths, problem areas, mentoring opportunities and driving them toward continuous improvement on aspects of performance.
- Contribute to team cohesion and identity by identifying opportunities for team recognition and teambuilding and by recognizing and appreciating individuals and teams for the success of their efforts.
- Provide leadership through clarity of communication and leading by example.
- Accountable for the technical and quality assurance on all Digital Preschool activities, both in-house and outsourced.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership and advice in the development, delivery and ongoing improvement of projects and systems with multiple milestones and stakeholders.
- Responsible for reviewing and evolving technical processes and standards including the technical design documentation process.
- Responsible for identifying and managing technical risk and planning mitigation action.
- Be a proactive and solution oriented in the day-to-day and long term needs of the department.
- Accountable for the planning, development and delivery of quality assurance policies, programs, and initiatives.
- Ensure the division can rapidly, reliably, and repeatedly deliver quality product to market.
- Work collaboratively with production leads to meet the division and product’s goals.
- Ensure the division has the architecture capable of delivering the functionality, scalability, security and performance it needs to compete and thrive.
- Translate complex aims and needs into clear and manageable plans and determine technical resource requirements to support them.
- Accountable for the technical design documentation process.
- Participate and contribute significantly to product discovery.
- Contribute to and advise on schedule decisions from a technical standpoint and collaborate with team members to meet timelines and deliverables.
- 10 years software engineering with at least 4 years in a technology management role
- Shipped at least 3 mobile titles, preferably on multiple platforms games in an agile environment
- Expert C# programming skills.
- Proven knowledge of game development in Unity, as well as managing the development and operations back-end infrastructure for Content Management, Analytics, and Marketing.
- Strong understanding of full stack development for games (Client & Server).
- Strong performance optimization experience.
- Proven ability to deliver on time and on budget.
- A love of children’s games and delighting this amazing target market.
What you’ll be a part of…
- Taking care: competitive health and dental coverage
- Investing in your future: local defined contribution pension plans
- Break time: free snacks and reduced hours in summer
- Party time: office bar carts, after work drinks, holiday and summer parties, and sometimes just because
- Be inspired: regular film screenings and opportunity to get involved in industry events
- The office: modern facilities and in-house screening rooms
- Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event. Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
- Grow: develop your career and shape your future
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.