The Publicist is responsible for supporting and assisting in creating and executing publicity campaigns for our network original series.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater Los Angeles Area
Apr 10, 2023
This role requires a strategic thinker with creative, out-of-the-box ideas and a knowledge of key press across multiple platforms. The Publicist takes initiative and is collaborative with different departments and stakeholders. Strong written and verbal communication, organizational and problem-solving skills, good judgment, and ability to adapt quickly under pressure are required.
- Identify and successfully pitch programming to media, including long leads, dailies, weeklies and online publications; as well as secure electronic bookings; respond to media requests timely for information and interviews.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with members of the press (broadcast, radio, print, online, blogs, trades, etc.).
- Coordinate media opportunities and assist in the media training of talent for interviews, speaking opportunities and panels.
- Write press releases, bios, media alerts, episode descriptions and talking points, while also pulling creative assets such as photography and clips for the best press material product.
- Support VP and Directors of Publicity at events, including red carpets, screenings, premieres, TCA, Comic Con, etc.
- Assist with budget management for all initiatives including talent travel expenses, glam, press kit development, etc.
- Create PR campaign launch and wrap reports and decks for our Original Series reflecting all press coverage.
- Liaise with production, affiliates, marketing, and digital/social teams, maintaining the flow of information across the various teams. Must possess the willingness to collaborate across groups.
- Work with show leads to identify Festivals (Sundance, TIFF, SXSW, Tribeca etc.) and other panel opportunities as it pertains to assigned series
- Work with Unit Publicist to ensure all PR and marketing materials are seamlessly produced across production and talent.
- Manage relationships with outside public relations agencies and consultants.
- Serve as the liaison between talent, producers and their representation on assigned series.
- Manage the daily press clips process, prioritizing by importance.
- Assist coordinators as needed on talent travel, glam and car bookings.
- Create, maintain, and update media lists
- Assist with awards submissions and FYC campaigns for assigned series.
- Travel to and represent our organization at various events.
Qualifications & Skills
- 3+ years of entertainment experience in public relations
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field.
- Understanding of the media as well as the ability to build and maintain connections with key journalists and social media influencers
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, to meet tight deadlines and effectively prioritize.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills are essential, as is an ability to speak and think clearly and creatively and generate new ideas on a regular basis.
- Strong time management, organizational skills and attention to detail is a must
- Demonstrated ability to work well on a team
- Brings to the role a passion for entertainment, television, pop culture and journalism.
- Able to adapt quickly to new and challenging situations
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment