We are currently seeking the services of a full-time Communications and Audio Engineer, HUB with exceptional drive and work ethics, and a brilliant technical mind.
Audio / Music / Sound
Mar 16, 2023
You will be working in our IP-enabled Andrews Hub in Melbourne, in collaboration with engineers in Andrews Hub Sydney. These are the world’s largest networked centralised remote production centers. Connecting venues via a high bandwidth network, the Hubs enable multiple concurrent outside broadcasts. Our Andrews Hubs are the most technically advanced facilities of their kind on this scale and an example of our investment in technology to meet broadcasters’ needs and create the best value production solutions for them.
What You Will Do:
- You will be responsible for maintaining the Communications and Audio systems, ensuring 100% up time for all events and projects.
- Daily you will be working with a small team of engineers, with the resources of a large international broadcast company.
- Your role will include planning, setup and testing of systems for events and projects, along with day-to-day connectivity and quality assurance of audio and communications for Outside Broadcast and Studio productions.
- Applicants must have a positive attitude, be able to work to explicit deadlines, have the ability to pick up new concepts in a rapid manner and work closely with colleagues for long periods of time.
- We do a lot of sport, so weekend and evening work are a predominant part of the role.
- As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for the technical quality control and management of communications system on Hub productions, including the efficient setup, operational condition, calibration, and signal standards of an Outside Broadcast or Studio production and other associated equipment assigned to projects.
- You will ensure the communication and audio systems are acceptably stable and responsive to HUB and field systems.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objective without supervision.
- Strong knowledge of remote signal paths and feed allocation and management.
- Day to day upkeep of the broadcast communication equipment within Andrews HUB Melbourne facility
- Maintain proper documentation of all Audio and Communications systems.
- Provide technical assistance for mobile fleet communications and audio systems integration to the Hubs
- Effective collaboration with Melbourne and Sydney Hub teams.
What You Will Need:
- Technical or Associates degree desired, however all relevant experience will be considered.
- Connectivity, configuration and operation of RTS communications systems
- Knowledge of Riedel communications systems is a plus
- Understanding of audio console connectivity, configuration and operations, with particular focus on LAWO and Calrec
- Knowledge of IP audio transmission standards, their practical use and conversion between standards.
- Prior experience in the broadcast industry.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task several priorities and possess solid time management skills.
- Collaborate with managers, engineers, and clients on projects and ideas to ensure the consistency and high availability of the communication infrastructure.
This job is located at our Southbank Hub, just a stones throw from Melbourne's CBD.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.