*We are hiring at all levels for this discipline* The Compositor combines live action and computer generated elements into visual effects shots that realize the vision and creative direction of the client and Visual Effects Supervisor.
San Francisco Bay Area
Mar 23, 2023
*We are hiring at all levels for this discipline*
The Compositor combines live action and computer generated elements into visual effects shots that realize the vision and creative direction of the client and Visual Effects Supervisor. The compositor is ultimately responsible for the aesthetic integrity and technical quality of the final image delivered to the client.
What You'll Do
- Together with the Compositing Supervisor and Visual Effects Supervisor, evaluate the creative and technical approach for assigned shots
- Perform all tasks associated with the compositing process, including 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements, and color grading on moderately difficult to difficult shots
- Maintain the overall look, color balance, and quality for assigned shots and sequences to create uniformity in all finished work
- Ability to work collaboratively with artists from other disciplines
What We're Looking For
- Minimum of 3 yrs of compositing experience in a feature film or commercial production environment
- Strong knowledge of Nuke
- Strong aesthetic skills in judging photo-realism and color
- Ability to work gracefully under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong sense of composition, color, and design
- Ideal candidate has strong fine arts foundation skills, such as photography and photographic lighting
- Familiarity with using Unix systems
- Ability to write Nuke gizmos and/or plugins is a plus
- Python and/or C++ experience a plus
In San Francisco:
- The hiring range for Jr Compositor is $64,300 to $80,400 per year.
- The hiring range for Compositor is $101,300 to $126,600 per year.
- The hiring range for Sr Compositor is $127,100 to $158,900 per year.