At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories. A Color Assist is responsible for preparing color projects for the Lead Colorists.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Feb 02, 2023
This includes but is not limited to; sorting and extending the colorist's grade at the end of a session, assessing or match-grade new material, and exporting to the requested delivery spec by the client or internal Finishing and VFX team.
The ideal candidate must be accustomed to working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment under tight deadlines. They should be proactive, organized, and detail-oriented and be comfortable working with editorial and engineering teams to support the lead colorist and empower our filmmakers and studio executives to create the best projects possible. This is a union role with local 700.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Support lead colorists for long-form, marketing as well as animation projects
- Preparations for Projects/Sessions
- Check the color project for issues and playback performance prior to the session start
- Project and Database setup per the defined department standard
- Color-tracing of projects
- Communicate with the project producer and or production manager any issues that may arise with elements, shots, or any prep issues or spec changes
- Help monitor the progress of a session, keeping the project producer and or production manager updated on its status
- Perform minor shot-level fixes, such as bad pixels, etc.
- Render/Record project per project specs.
- Label elements as requested per project specs.
- Quality checking all rendered material for any missing material or corruption
- Archive projects upon delivery
Experience and Requirements:
- Knowledge of digital capture cameras and files
- Strong Black Magic Resolve and/or other color correction software experience
- File-based workflow experience
- QC experience
- Background and/or knowledge of offline editing
- Avid and/or FCP experience helpful but not required