Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing is looking for a Graphic Designer to join our Digital Marketing team! The Digital Graphic Designer is vital to the effective execution of our ongoing digital marketing efforts across our Children’s imprints and formats.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater New York City Area
Aug 17, 2022
Specific Duties include:
- Managing a wide design project workload from inception to completion
- Creating still and motion graphics for digital and marketing team use, including Animated Covers, Stop motion images, Gifs, Quote Assets, Audiograms, and Digital Stickers
- Designing special mailing materials for use print promotions
- Assisting our Teen and Kids team in conceptualizing creative, fun, and engaging content for use across our website and socials
- Editing short and long form video, with the ability to include graphic elements, small animation, and typography
- Creating digital flyers for conferences and digital events
- Working with Senior Managers in conceptualizing and standardizing branding, colors and typography across our platforms and channels
- Candidate should be a skilled online/web designer with a specialty in organic social platforms. Candidate will report to the Digital Marketing Director and in collaboration with our Teen and Kids teams on graphic and video content strategy, creation and execution across our organic channels. Applicant should have excellent understanding of user interfaces, web design, typography skills, video editing for short and long form content, as well as keen color, illustration, and design sense. Knowledge of the Children’s publishing is a plus.
- Organized and detail oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects and manage deadlines from multiple stakeholders.
- Someone who takes pride in storytelling and creating engaging, fresh content that is relevant, interesting and entertaining to audience
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, Photoshop, and Premiere
- Proficiency in creating Instagram and TikTok Filters
- In depth knowledge of social media platforms including Youtube, TikTok, and Instagram
- Familiarity with the Kids and YA book landscape across social media preferred
- Knowledge of Webflow, HTML, and CSS a plus.