The CG Supervisor is responsible for the technical and aesthetic aspects of the production and will communicate with the creative and technical support teams to ensure appropriate quality is attained within the budget and schedule.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Jun 05, 2023
The CG Supervisor is responsible for the technical and aesthetic aspects of the production and will communicate with the creative and technical support teams to ensure appropriate quality is attained within the budget and schedule. The CG Supervisor will resolve pipeline and working methodologies during the pre-build visual development stages of the show. Responsible for helping execute the creative vision with the Co-Executive Producers and Supervising Director by having an oversight of the entire production; ensuring the flow of communication, and the establishment of an effective workflow pipeline both at Nickelodeon and vendor studio(s) so that the production is delivered on time and on budget. Partnering with the Supervising Director and Art Director to ensure the translating of the production’s art direction into modeling and rigging, both creatively and technically.
- Assess the technical and aesthetic content of the script from premise to final draft and inform Producers of any concerns.
- Ensure that the highest quality of production is achieved within the allotted budget and schedule.
- Directly Supervise the Animation Directors, Comp Supervisor, and CG Leads providing clear direction and leadership.
- Indirectly lead all aspects of the aesthetic and technical direction of the texture, lighting, and FX team.
- Advise and support the Producer to ensure that the highest quality of animation is being achieved within the schedule.
- Work with the Producers to ensure that the production is produced within the protocols and procedures of the studio’s production pipeline.
- Collaborate with production management to ensure the technical and creative team is meeting schedule and quota goals on a weekly basis.
- Communicate any concerns proactively to the Producer and/or Production Manager.
- Proactively communicate with all departments to ensure that everyone is aware of new tools, processes, and procedures for the production.
- Facilitate technical and aesthetic aspects of animation production (Including rigging, animation, lighting, texturing, design, and FX).
- Technically and aesthetically interpret the Co-Executive Producers and/or Supervising Producer and/or Creator and/or Art Director’s asset vision to the team, as predicted by the show’s pipeline.
- Hold regular team meetings.
- Attend dailies sessions with the team to give feedback/approvals.
- Resolve the most efficient way to expedite the production of the show, both internally and at vendor studios.
- Help determine and schedule resource requirements with representatives of Production, Technical, and Artistic Departments.
- Responsible for developing a strong, flexible CG pipeline. This includes developing, maintaining (or approving) CG techniques.
- Provide additional technical support and training to production teams as needed.
- Interact with the IT staff with respect to operating, file, and network systems issues.
- Evaluate and recommend relevant external shaders/plugins/scripts.
- Interact with commercial vendors with respect to technical issues affecting proprietary tools, etc.
- Maintain contacts with academia/industry to keep current on new research and competitor developments.
- Acquire and maintain up-to-date knowledge in the relevant fields.
- Promote a positive and productive work environment and lead collaboratively across departments and within the facility.
- Participate in providing final approvals for all content crafted by the asset team.
- Introduce and train overseas vendor studios with new pipeline standards built at development or during maintenance of existing series
- Proven knowledge of all facets of the animation process.
- Strong visual and structural storytelling skills.
- Strong time and resource management skills.
- Proven leadership and communication skills
- On-the-fly problem-solving ability.
- Ability to be creative on demand.
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Ability to balance the work of multiple episodes of material across all stages of production.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn applicable design software and hardware.
Hiring Salary Range: $3,000.00 - 3,300.00.