The Compositing Director will work alongside the CG Supervisor and the Show Runners to fulfill their creative vision by maintaining and improving the fx, lighting, compositing, and rendering (LRC) pipeline for the Nickelodeon CG shows.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Nov 01, 2022
This role starts in January 2023.
Someone in this role should have excellent management skills and be able to lead a team of in-house lighting and compositing artists as well as work with vendor studios to plan, direct, and supervise development of the LRC pipeline for the vendor studio.
The Compositing Director should have strong knowledge of Unreal, Nuke, and Maya. They should be able to bring shots to final within Unreal Engine 4.27, with a strong understanding of Sequencer, Movie Render Queue.
They should have a strong understanding of color, light, and composition. Be able to finesse shots in Unreal to create compelling compositions through use of lighting, camera techniques, shader adjustments, and more.
- Review episodic animation during lighting & compositing stage, provide clear written feedback and visual direction to vendor studios.
- Work with other departments to identify Lighting, FX, Compositing, and Rendering needs for the show.
- Lead a team of in-house artists that are responsible for shot lighting and compositing as well as noting shots from the vendor studio.
- Help to bring shots to final output using Unreal Engine 4.27 and Nuke.
- The ideal candidate should have 2+ years experience lighting and completing shots in Unreal Engine 4.
- Excellent knowledge of Unreal Engine lighting, fx, and comp pipelines.
- Ability to composite AOVs, relight, and track shots within Nuke.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a remote setting and communicate well with team through a remote environment with artists across the globe.
- A minimum of 5 years of industry experience in film, broadcast, and/or games.
- Proficiency in Blueprints is a plus.