For each episode, provide filmmaking, animation, and timing instructions for vendor studio based on locked animatic.
For each episode, provide filmmaking, animation, and timing instructions for vendor studio based on locked animatic. Generate notes on animatic, layout, animation, and retake stages to guide producers and vendor studio to the completion of each episode. Responsible for assessing animation tests including but not limited to lip poses, animation cycles, and key pose libraries.
- To be the custodian of the animation style of the show. Help establish style of the show and see that style through the entire production schedule.
- Review episodic animation at all stages of production, provide feedback and direction to animators/studios.
- Review episodic executive and showrunner notes at all stages of production, provide notes translation and direction to animators/studios, ensuring the creative vision of internal studio leadership is executed accurately and efficiently.
- Primary teacher of the animation style to internal and vendor studio crews.
- Attend meetings and sessions throughout the production schedule to understand the episode’s direction and requirements prior to animation start, to help ensure that the vision is achieved in the final product.
- Have a good technical understanding of models and rigs to help guide episodic direction and model decisions.
- Test character rigs.
- Work with internal crew and vendor studio to create and maintain pose libraries for episodic characters.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Maya and Shotgrid.
- Ability to manage the production schedule and resources.
- Thorough understanding of animation and film language and process.
- Ability to prioritize and work in a high-pressure, demanding environment.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Great time management skills; good multi-tasker.
- Experience with Unreal Engine a plus.
- BA/BS preferred
- 3 – 5 years of CG directing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Weekly Hiring Salary Range: $2364.8 - 2600.0.