The Category Producer is responsible for developing and communicating presentation strategies that drive engagement in order to drive sales, while balancing innovation with attention to detail.
In this role you will work with key internal and external partners to curate relevant messaging, features, stories, content, demonstrations and best practices for an assigned category. This includes developing the strategy for TSVs, brands, shows and items for QVC’s Video Commerce platforms. A successful candidate exemplifies and embraces Qurate’s Guiding Principles; is a creative, strategic thinker; possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and build strong relationships with cross-functional teams; thrives in a deadline-driven environment, and has a working knowledge of the Category Production function.
Who We Are
The Category Production team is made up of Category Producers and Associate Category Producers, a long-lead production group that develops the strategy and execution plans for the Video Commerce platforms at QVC. This team is responsible for bringing products and brands to life by creating the most authentic, compelling, and educational presentation to ensure the QVC customer stays informed and engaged. Using multi-dimensional business knowledge, the Category Production team determines the best category, brand, show and product strategies to deliver business results. This team recommends enhancements, and develops new concepts to continue to position QVC as an innovator and leader in the TV retailing industry. We operate with an effective, well balanced combination of strong functional expertise, leadership skills, and organizational savvy to deliver key business results.
- Drive viewer engagement and sales goals by leveraging previously successful best practices and techniques, identifying innovative, new methods and plans that drive results for assigned category.
- Leverages Category Production expertise, to develop and communicate the Production Plan to Video Commerce Production & Operations and On-Camera Talent.
- Analyze trends/data/information and influence the improvement of viewership metrics for a show, category, brand or item, using viewership reporting, consumer insights data and other sources.
- Considering both Sales & Viewership data, determine the best practices (including demos) for category, brands and items to make for a successful presentation.
- Collaborate and align with key internal partners and externally with vendors and guests to develop & implement presentation strategies that align with QVC’s business goals.
- Communicate protocol, standards and guidelines, in addition to clear direction and expectations for presentation execution to the vendor and guest community.
- Mentor Associate Category Producers, provide clear direction/expectations, their actively contribute to their development.
What You Bring
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in merchandising/marketing/digital/broadcasting/ communication/sales or equivalent business experience required
- Experience: 5 directly related years’ experience in broadcasting, multichannel retailing, or merchandising environment, or equivalent combination of training and experience required
- Ability to work remotely or in a hybrid remote/office environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Tableau, Dalet, Source History, Broadcast PAL, Script Review, PeRC, Buyer/Guest Management, Weekly Program Guide, One Note, TSV Checklist, Product and Show Blueprints preferred.
- Demonstrated development with presentation of business strategy, directly related to Category Production required.
- Demonstrated leadership initiative required, experience managing large scale projects across multiple lines of the business