Amazon Studios is seeking a bright, multitasking, dynamic and self-motivated intern to work hard, have fun and make history with us this summer. The Amazon Studios Internship Program with our casting team gives interns hands-on experience working with the studio behind break-out shows such as The Summer I Turned Pretty, Reacher, and the award-winning show, The Boys, to name a few.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Mar 16, 2023
The Amazon Studios Internship Program with our casting team gives interns hands-on experience working with the studio behind break-out shows such as The Summer I Turned Pretty, Reacher, and the award-winning show, The Boys, to name a few. They will go in depth and learn about what goes in to casting our shows and how the casting process ties in to the whole process of putting a project together. They will also be exposed to our work on the film-side and see how casting a movie differs from casting a series.
In addition to working closely with executives in our Culver City offices, interns have the opportunity to participate in guest speaker sessions, networking events and screenings.
An Amazon Studios team member will contact you should your experiences and interests match an open internship position.
Key job responsibilities
- The casting intern will work on a wide scope of projects, from large long-term projects to short-term day to day projects.
- On a daily basis, the intern will be responsible for streamlining role approvals for the department, updating databases, reading scripts and generating character breakdowns for incoming projects, updating picture grids, tracking diversity, and social media patterns relating to casting.
- In the long term, the intern will work on updating rolling talent lists, track up-and-coming talent, listen in on kick off calls, help to prepare and observe screen tests, and a larger intern project that will span the semester, serving as a capstone project.
- Our main goal is for our intern to gain exposure to, if not the whole process, a large chunk of the timeline of both television shows and films at Amazon, starting from the pitch to development out to casting our lead roles.
A day in the life
- Our casting intern will report directly to the casting coordinator on our team who works across almost all series.
- The intern will help with writing character breakdowns, reading scripts, helping with idea lists, updating picture grids, and maintaining our internal databases.
- Each day is different, and while some days may be more admin heavy, others will be focused on listening on calls, learning more about the casting process, and meeting with internal stakeholders.
About the team
Our team is very collaborative and close when it comes to our work and day-to-day experiences. We encourage and support one another in any way we can whether it be helping with lists, problem-solving, or educating one another. Though each of us have our different shows or films we cover, everyone is a team player.
Candidates must be active students during the time of their internship. A student is characterized by: any candidate currently enrolled in an accredited degree program, including Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD, Associate, certificates, and diplomas.
-Knowledge of current and up-and-coming talent
-Passion and interest in television and film
-Knowledge of current popular shows and movies both streaming and non-streaming
-Passion for learning and asking questions
-Team player who works well with others
-Great work ethic and time management skills
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $16.83/hr in our lowest geographic market up to $40.43/hr in our highest geographic market.