The Casting Assistant will provide administrative support to the SVP of Casting & Talent for Freeform & Onyx Collective.
Responsibilities include scheduling travel, submitting expense reports, setting up meetings, conference calls and zooms, planning events, and other administrative duties as needed. This role requires someone who has a professional communication style and can represent the executive office when interfacing with senior executives inside and outside the Company. This role also requires a high level of integrity and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, organized, and able to meet tight deadlines while juggling multiple priorities. This candidate will also be a self-starter who takes ownership of following through and takes initiative of enhancing work products. The Casting Assistant will need to be flexible with work schedule and comfortable with assisting where needed.
- Provide overall administrative support for SVP
- Manage scheduling and calendar for SVP
- Handle travel arrangements, reservations, etc. on behalf of SVP
- Submit expense reports on behalf of SVP
- Assist in talent outreach initiatives with SVP
- Liaise with talent relations and publicity teams as needed
- Provide support for Freeform and Onyx Collective projects
- Develop and maintain databases, distribution lists, mailing lists and filing systems
- Edit and upload actor materials such as auditions and demos
- Maintain standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all matters and documents
- Organize files, contracts and legal documentation
- Prepare presentations for internal/external meetings
- Handle department contact list
- Minimum of 1 year supporting an executive in an administrative capacity in casting or talent agency or a Network/Studio
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Internet Explorer, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate overtime as needed
- Experience maintaining filing systems and organizing large amounts of data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to see tasks through to completion
- Detail oriented, organized, ability to multi-task and proactive problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to work well with executives, staff members, talent, and visitors
- Ability to work as a team player within the department and assist where needed
- Appreciation for talent and the desire to get to know their work by going to theater, comedy clubs, showcases, etc.
- Demonstrated interest in casting
- 2+ years of related experience
- Knowledge of SAP & Concur
- Familiarity with IMDB, Studio System, ESN, VPO, PIX, CastIt Systems are preferable
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.