THV11, the TEGNA CBS affiliate in Little Rock, AR is looking for a is looking for an ELC Director. The person filling this role will be tasked with directing live newscasts and other productions in a broadcast facility using Sony ELC Production Automation.
Little Rock, Arkansas Area
Dec 23, 2021
THV11 produces multiple local programs each day, and the director is the last line of defense of that product before it hits the air. We are seeking an individual who can execute transformation and growth of our visual product in the ever-changing world of live local news. This position is responsible for coding and punching our locally produced content. The director works closely with a team of production professionals and news producers to deliver compelling and clean products to our viewers. The ideal candidate will be required to provide technical support for live production and assist with occasional remote productions. We are looking for someone to bring new, forward-thinking production ideas to the table and to help us adapt to a constantly changing viewer base.
- Ability to adapt and quickly change on the fly for breaking news and unexpected special events.
- Knowledge and experience with operation and understanding of studio cameras, production switchers, video routers and audio consoles and automation, intercom and graphics systems
- Efficiency with ENPS, Bitcentral, Chyron, Miranda Vertigo, and ELC Automation
- Work closely with the Control Room Supervisor and Technology team to facilitate any changes and updates to our automation systems as they work hand-in-hand with News Automation workflows.
- 3 years experience in various aspects of television production preferred
- Execute live productions across multiple platforms.
- Ability to work with a team of people to achieve clean newscasts.
- Have high attention to detail to find and correct problems before they hit the air.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently and communicate clearly under pressure.
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule is a must. May require mornings, nights, weekends and holidays (Schedule is TBD).
- College degree preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills required
- Ability to lift and operate handheld and studio cameras weighing 26+lbs.
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.