The Hill TV, a division of Nexstar Media Group, is seeking a Producer to identify, pitch, schedule and support dynamic guests who will extend the reach of our video content on a variety of platforms, particularly our linear streaming channel and YouTube.
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Jan 19, 2023
In addition to guest booking, the Producer will help develop segments within The Hill TV programs, including our flagship morning show, Rising.
You will work as part of a collaborative, enthusiastic team and be expected to produce content on a daily basis. We’re looking for someone who keeps up-to-date on news and pop culture, has extraordinary attention to detail, and the ability to function in a fast-paced environment driven by speed and accuracy.
Expect to work a Monday through Friday schedule. You will be expected to physically work from The Hill TV’s studio at 1625 K Street NW in Washington, DC.
Compensation ranges from $30.00-$35.00 per hour + commensurate with experience and skill level. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, Life Insurance, and 401K with company match.
As the Booking Producer, you will:
- Produce a wide range of high-quality original content
- Partner closely with producers, editors, graphic artists, and on-air talent
- Research and pitch segment topics and guests
- Track stories from multiple sources
- Assist in development and planning for coverage
- Write scripts for broadcast that require minimal editing
- Organize and produce elements for show segments
- Schedule & confirm guest appearances, vet prospective guests, assist with guest connections during interview tapings
- Find reliable guests quickly during breaking news situations
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualified applicants, at a minimum, have:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, television or equivalent training and experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience with studio shows and control rooms
- Knowledge and passion for current events and politics
- Attention to detail
- Strong writing skills
- Able to work both independently and as a team player