WXIA, the TEGNA NBC-affiliate in Atlanta, GA, is seeking a Multi-Skilled Bilingual Journalist who knows the art of storytelling on both digital and on-air platforms.
Greater Atlanta Area
Oct 05, 2022
We want bilingual journalists who are able to shoot, write, edit, and produce enterprise content, with a 'digital-first' mindset.
- Enterprise stories and bring unique pitches to the table, focusing on ways to add context and perspective and include diverse voices. We want stories that stand out from the competition, not follow it.
- Cultivate a beat focused on the Hispanic/Latino community and cultural issues
- Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit pieces in an exciting, unique, and creative manner that feels authentic to you, while upholding the station's mission of Where Atlanta Speaks.
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Develop original content through social listening, crowdsourcing, and independent sources.
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
- Develop news sources that allow you to break stories.
- Operate news vehicle to and from various locations.
- Write and post several times a day on all digital platforms including social media.
- Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video and live news events.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 4-7 years of experience preferred
- Bilingual, (English & Spanish) speaking preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- A portfolio with examples of strong storytelling
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc