The Background Designer is responsible for carrying out the research, design and revision of assigned locations or set pieces.
Greater Atlanta Area
Oct 28, 2022
The Background Designer works with a team of designers under the Lead Background Designer to make sure designs in each episode are delivered in a way that is consistent with the show's style, level of quality, and production capability. The Background Designer reports to the Lead Background Designer.
- Expert knowledge of Perspective
- Strong sense of Color, Color Theory, and Color Harmony
- Possess an excellent understanding of light, and shadow, along with the ability to create mood and atmosphere in paintings
- Expert knowledge of Adobe photoshop or a similar application (such as Clip Studio Paint etc)
- Ability to convey accurate scale and proportion of architecture and props
- Possess strong composition skills and a broad understanding of landscape and layout compositions
- Able to maintain style consistency as well as adapt to a broad range of styles from realistic to stylized.
- Ability to interpret script material, Art Direction notes, and story board images to produce clear and effective designs.
- Must have an general understanding of the animation production pipeline
- Working proficiency in 3D software (Sketchup, and Blender)
- Must take feedback well, and have the ability to address notes quickly and efficiently
- Must be an effective communicator with Leads, Directors, and other members of the team
- Produce high quality visual depictions of assignments in various forms, and variations (including but not limited to, Sketches, paintings, 3D Previsualizations, and 3D Designs)
- Visually explore all aspects of an assignment including but not limited to: architecture, natural environments, furniture, decorations, props, and vehicles.
- Research and gather accurate reference on a variety of topics
- Produce color examples of designs, including: lighting, textures, and patterns
- Execute changes and revisions as requested by Art Director/Background Design Director/Lead Background Designer
- Seek out clarification when direction or feedback is confusing or vague.
- Communicate when your current workload is not accomplishable by the deadline.
- Collaborate with respect, humility, inclusion and open-mindedness.
- Must reside in GA or relocate to GA.
- Must be able to provide authorization to work in the US.
- Must be able to provide proof of COVID vaccination and boosters.
Hourly range: $26.00-28.00
Estimated start: Mid November