The Coordinator, Coordinator, Awards & Talent Relations - Animation, will play a key role in supporting the Netflix Awards Team focused on Animated Feature Films and Animated Shorts.
As the Animation Studio scales, we identified the need for additional growth for the team and to support our filmmakers and content creators. Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, and can juggle a multitude of responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and precision. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who has a positive attitude, an affinity for animation, and is able to exercise good judgment, take initiative and demonstrate strong communication skills.
The job is based in LA and reports to the Manager of Awards, Animation based in our New York & Los Angeles offices.
Tasks are varied, extensive, and timely. The coordinator is responsible for the majority of the daily logistical functions of the animation awards team (Film), including the creation and maintenance of team documents, booking of travel and glam, generating of talent schedules, day-to-day budget maintenance, booking & covering screenings, liaising with the awards marketing team on screener production and distribution, proofreading, managing meeting and events calendars, as well as communication with talent and filmmakers where needed.
Specific tasks will include but are not limited to:
Tasks are varied, extensive, and timely. They will include but are not limited to:
- Tracking and updating information related to our films in a timely way including status reports, break reports, awards announcement blast, project calendar, fast facts and biographies
- Circulating Filmmaker Breaks
- Supporting press with assets and publicity materials, assisting with interview schedules
- Creating and managing talent itineraries and book and oversee all aspects of the trip to ensure all goes smoothly including troubleshooting as needed
- Securing screening rooms and coordinating logistics including delivery of the DCP, payment, and drive-ons
- Assigning titles across various internal databases including the Media Center
- Supporting special screenings, festival, and press day activities including car grids and coordination, day of logistics, and select talent handling duties.
- Negotiating glam rates and work with agencies to ensure payment
- Updating and maintaining various lists, documents, and charts on the department’s google drive
- Creating awards distribution lists
- Day-to-day maintenance of awards budgets for animation spends, track and submit payments, request and submit POs
- Coordinating with outside agencies and vendors to track contracts and ensure timely payment, create and submit SOWs and contracts and PO schedule for payment, onboard new vendors as needed
- Assigns early access screeners on PIX & Media Center and troubleshoot as needed
- Update film information for awards campaigns across various internal databases including the Media Center
- Work with cross-functional teams such as Content, Marketing, Awards, Comms, and Regional PR.
- Assist with scheduling and facilitation of meetings, including securing of conference rooms, assist in putting together presentations, and coordinating audiovisual needs.
The Successful Candidate Is:
- Confident and able to express ideas thoughtfully and with passion
- Meticulous about the details, every single one of them
- Thorough, completes tasks and follows up
- Passionate about entertainment. A rabid fan of film and pop culture. Animation a big plus
- Scrappy, resourceful and relentless in trying to find a solution before escalating issues
- Able to anticipate potential problems and knows when to ask for help
- Aware that the world of publicity is not a 9-5 job
- Organized, organized, organized -- i.e. there’s a label on your label maker
- Poised, not scared to speak up with the team, and mature
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadlines and pressure
- Able to pivot and adapt to shifting priorities without missing a beat
- A proactive and positive thinker and a contributor to the team
- Knows Google Drive like the back of their hand
- Able to function effectively as a part of a loosely coupled but highly-aligned team
- Effective in dealing with global PR agencies, talent reps, and internal executives
- A great communicator - via email, by phone, in person - and simultaneously
- Able to see this opportunity as a stepping stone for a career in publicity
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
Demonstrated ability to think innovatively—connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on their feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
- Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed
Has a big capacity to both think and ‘do’. Flourishes in a hands-on role, with a bias to action, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
Moves quickly and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done at a nice clip.
Deep sense of personal integrity with sound judgment, transparent about challenges or failures and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), and comprehensive benefits.