Washington, DC We’re looking to hire an Audio Technician for our Studio Operations team. As our Audio Technician, you’ll be responsible for audio acquisitions for various documentary and reality style production in the field. You’ll work closely with our producer and technical team to create single and multi-camera field productions.
Audio / Music / Sound
Washington, District Of Columbia
Dec 10, 2021
In an average week, you can expect to:
- Perform audio technician (A-1) duties for field productions (EFP).
- Be the audio console operator – SSL C-100 & C-10 for studio/control room-based productions, both live and videotaped.
- Perform other duties, as assigned in accordance with union jurisdiction.
What success looks like:
- After 60 days, you’ll get to know your team and the wider organization. You’ll establish key relationships with your peers, and learn the dynamics of your new team. You’ll feel confident in your work and the skill you have demonstrated.
- After 120 days, you’ll be able to see the impact your work is having on our productions.
You must have:
- Familiarity with technology used in a live broadcast production.
- Knowledge of other studio positions includes; Tape/Server playback, Studio Camera, and Video Shading.
- Ability to lift, carry and drag heavy loads up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to functions under pressure, distractions, and in a time-sensitive environment.
- Availability to occasionally work irregular shifts.
You should have:
- Minimum 5 years audio technician experience (to include studio, or field at a network production environment).
- Proof of full dosage of a COVID-19 vaccination is required for all positions that will be working onsite, or may reasonably or occasionally be called to work onsite.