Nexstar Media Inc is looking for Audio Operator/Production Assistant to join the newly formed duopoly in Washington, DC (Market # 9). The operation of audio mixing board during live local news broadcasts and recorded shows.
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Feb 02, 2023
- Setting up sound and recording equipment, adjusting and testing the equipment.
- Creating, maintaining and adjusting proper mix of sound sources in live and/or recorded production.
- Operates and maintains audio devices and resources such as: audio mixing consoles, microphones, sound playback equipment and sound reinforcement devices as required.
- Use of intercom, telephone, PC’s and other communications equipment for coordination of production needs.
- This position will fill in on teleprompter and floor Manager as needed.
Requirements & Skills:
- One year of experience in professional live broadcast studio operations (radio/TV/cable) preferred.
- You must be detail-oriented and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience running audio board is preferred.
- Working knowledge of common business software applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be self-sufficient and have a press-on-regardless, attitude.
- Must work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Must be willing to be flexible, working early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays and overtime as situations demand. Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field preferred.
This position is a full-time staff position.