HSN, the world's leading eCommerce retailer, is seeking an Assistant Technical Designer to support our Apparel Design, Development and Global sourcing team, responsible for creating private label apparel and collaborations.
Wardrober / Stylist
Tampa/St. Petersburg, Florida Area
Mar 08, 2023
Are you looking to enter the fashion design industry in a technical design role with endless opportunities? Are you looking to work with a collaborative and highly engaged team to support your skills and grow while supporting brand growth? HSN, the world's leading eCommerce retailer, is seeking an Assistant Technical Designer to support our Apparel Design, Development and Global sourcing team, responsible for creating private label apparel and collaborations. This role is hybrid and will need to come into the office at least 1 day per week (5 days a month).
Our team is looking for a committed team player with knowledge of the Technical Design process and product construction. This individual should also have knowledge of patternmaking, grading, draping skill, garment construction and fitting skills. The Assistant Technical Designer provides support across all categories within the Technical Design organization for proprietary brands. The Assistant Technical Designer will be at the core of the Department aiding the team to facilitate the product development and Technical Design process. Categories include Women’s woven, knits, sweaters, swim wear, tailored and outerwear across multiple brands.
The Design, Development & Global Sourcing team is a team that works in a fast-paced environment where we interact with many areas of the company. Our team supports the apparel brands for HSN.
- Support with technical skills as directed by Technical Designer and Sr. Technical Designer
- Update & maintain construction sketches in tech pack specifications, rule guidelines and libraries
- Update & maintain development & production tech packs as directed by Technical Designer and Sr. Technical Designer
- Assist with preparation for Fit Sessions. Attend fit sessions and record notes for the Technical Designer
- Highlight and initiate spec, construction, material, or fit intent discrepancies to Technical Designers in preparing garments for proto and production fittings
- Prepare samples for best presentation prior to fit or sample review
- Assist in analyzing garment construction, workmanship, and analysis of pattern from vendor when needed
- Measure samples, compare construction and overall execution vs. tech pack requirement
- Participate in fit sessions to assist Technical Designer with the goal of expanding knowledge and experience across all categories
- Record results on the appropriate forms to be used for fit sessions and report writing
- Sample tracking and assist report writing
- Adhere to the seasonal time and action calendars
- Daily communication and interaction with internal and external partners
- Presentation Skills – Presenting and conducting special projects as needed
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in fashion design or closely related program
- Minimum Experience: 3- 4years of industry experience. 1 year of TD is strongly preferred
- Strong computer skills (Adobe Illustrator, PLM)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Career-driven, strong work ethic and high-performance standards; able to work in fast paced environment and problem solve