Associate Producers contribute to the creative development for all production content extensions on all platforms. This role is specifically tasked with staying abreast of, and appropriately using, technology and social media to drive content and creativity.
Mar 10, 2023
We are looking for candidates who are agile, creative and interested in production opportunities.
- Oversees the production of assigned video elements.
- Helps develop and integrate the use of interactive social media to drive show content.
- Integrates the use of visual elements into assignments to drive show content.
- Gathers news, facts and video for assigned productions; researches and prepares story ideas for future productions.
- Conducts research in the video archives to obtain material for all assigned production elements.
- Participates in idea generation during show meetings for assigned projects and specialty elements.
- Contributes creative concepts for studio show elements, as well as concepts for non-linear TV platforms.
- Contributes ideas to generate content and manages project from conceptions to execution.
- Collaborates with editors in the production of high-end video elements in AVID and QEP edit facilities.
- May produce ENG field shoots including, but not limited to, interviews, basic art direction, and specialty shoots.
- May produce assigned segments with guests or analysts in studio shows.
- Provides direction and feedback to Production Assistant and Content Associates on assigned shows.
- Operates under close and frequent supervision, within the context of highly defined production processes.
- Work is subject to close and regular scrutiny by Producers and Coordinating Producers at regular intervals and milestones.
- Demonstrates and applies strong knowledge of most operating processes of production of studio shows and live events.
- Has and applies considerable experience in the conduct of several complex processes and procedures carried out in studio show production.
- Has and applies considerable knowledge of what story ideas and concepts to use for teases, original features, analysis clips, specialty elements, and features fed in from reporters and producers in the field.
- Has and applies considerable knowledge of what special animation elements to use for assigned productions.
- Has and applies knowledge regarding technological and social media advances relative to studio shows.
- Has strong mastery of sports and sports history.
- Strong writing skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Minimum of 3 years' television production experience.
Required Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Additional Information (i.e. physical requirements, holiday, nights, weekend shifts, etc.): This position is considered Hybrid, but on campus requirements will vary based on assignment. Shifts will often be on nights, weekends and holidays.