The Assistant Picture Editor supports the Picture Editor in managing the editing process on the show, from initial import and assembly, to final online, and outputs.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Sep 26, 2022
In addition to the Picture Editor, this person is the repository for all technical knowledge of the editing process on the show.
- Duties include receiving, importing, organizing, and offline assembling of picture materials, secondary effects, titling, online, various QuickTime encodes, and outputs to various interchange, delivery, and archive file formats. Also, performing insert edits for QC fixes to digital files using Cinedeck or similar software.
- This person should be highly organized and have an encyclopedic knowledge of the editing system being used (Avid).
- The Assistant Editor must be able to quickly and effectively render requests while keeping schedules, technical standards, and deadlines in mind.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the Assistant Editorial process utilizing Avid, including import/export to/from all final delivery file formats is required.
- Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, DaVinci Resolve, and Storyboard Pro knowledge a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Film Production, related field, or equivalent work experience.