Function as the producer for a sports talk show. Assist in coordinating live interviews, audio elements, digital elements, radio elements and other program content.
Phoenix, Arizona Area
Produce entertaining and informative programming by using all resources. Make full contribution to assigned time segment and work effectively with on-air host(s).
This is an on-site role that requires the employee to work at our Phoenix (Arizona Sports) site.
In order to work on Company premises, or with clients / members of the public at other locations, Bonneville employees must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or evidence of a negative COVID-19 test within the previous seven days.
- Work in tandem with on-air talk host(s) in producing compelling sports-talk show programming and provide guidance and feedback to enhance his/her on-air presentation.
- Evaluate current sports news and sports events each day and offer suggestions on how those events might be presented on the air in a way that is unique, and compelling to all listeners.
- Research possible interview topics and guests by careful study of printed media (magazines, newspapers, books, the Internet, etc.) and by phone and/or personal contact with sports franchises and national media organizations.
- Working knowledge of sports events and current local/national sports news to be able to add to radio segments.
- Working knowledge of pop culture. Assist with keeping the show updated on the latest trends in pop culture.
- Share and brainstorm ideas which could bring about programming continuity. Work cooperatively with other producer(s), digital team and with other stations, for content ideas.
- Contribute show information to all social media platforms.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Two years post high school education in communication/journalism with skills in the following areas: booking guests, broadcast journalism, writing, computer and operational skills, related field, or equivalent.
- Experience in a broadcast journalism environment, professional or collegiate level.
- Aggressive attitude with a strong desire to advance in the broadcasting media.
- Quick learner who is fully committed to meeting the challenge.
- Strong desire to work at the state’s largest and most respected radio station.
- Multi-tasking pro.
PREFFERED SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to produce and perform on-air sports updates
- Ability to run audio board and log commercials
- Ability to produce and edit audio
- Creative thinking
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.