Come be a part of the Facebook Reality Labs AR/VR organization as an artist supporting multiple teams building world-class products that span AR and VR.
We are focused on building people-first experiences and believe that AR/VR will help define the future of online interaction.
The 3D Character Artist is responsible for exploring, prototyping, and building an ecosystem for diverse user avatars that help multiple teams define the future of AR/VR. You’re excited about solving novel problems driven by user centric principles. Our creative teams, spread across several exciting locations, are focused on creating content that invites users to engage in immersive, real-time experiences. If you're excited about forging into new territory, creating industry-leading art in a variety of styles and genres, and working with the mightiest in the industry, Facebook may be the home for you.
3D Character Artist, Avatars Responsibilities
- Sculpt high-resolution character models in Maya, Blendery, Zbrush, or Mudbox
- Create clean, low-resolution game topology, UV’s, and textures
- Develop prototypes working as a character artist on a medium to large team
- Work within multi-disciplinary design teams to increase the expressiveness, customization, and diversity of avatars
- Conceptualize, present and execute ideas within time and technical constraints while actively participating in artistic, creative and technical, problem-solving
- General 3D asset content creation including modeling, texturing, materials, and lighting, at both mobile and high-end specs
- Iterate and polish assets in engine (Unity) and publish complete assets
- Contribute directly to both the conceptual thinking behind and the physical creation of detailed, high-quality products
- 6+ years professional content development experience in either game or film industries, including shipping one or more titles
- Experience communicating in a multi-disciplinary team, including engineers, artists, and designers
- Experience with one or more commercial game engines (e.g. Unreal or Unity)
- Knowledge of 3D modeling and asset creation packages like Maya,, Substance Painter, ZBrush, Marmoset, Photoshop, etc.
- Experience locating and resolving content and asset performance bottlenecks through performance profiling and optimization
- Virtual or augmented reality experience
- Knowledge of emerging technologies
- Shader development experience