Boss Fight is looking for a talented 2D Animator to join our team of artists. In this role you will work closely with the rest of the animation team to create 2d animations in Spine for our characters, environments, and other various game objects/FX using traditional animation principles.
Nov 14, 2022
- Produce high quality 2D animations for game objects, character and environments and VFX
- Animate using knowledge of the traditional animation principles
- Assist with the visual development process by creating aspirational animations
- Maintain current and working knowledge of trends and best practices for 2D animations in mobile games
- Exemplify reliability, accountability, and professionalism in all work-related interactions
Skills and Abilities
- Self-motivated and driven to create top quality games
- Communicates effectively both written and verbal
- Works well in a collaborative, deadline focused environment
- Highly organized and can help others organize
- High attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple tasks and be self-directed
- Positive attitude and ability to receive and provide objective and constructive feedback
- A balanced mix of visual aesthetic and tech-art/programming skills
Education and Experience
- 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Expertise in Photoshop and Spine and After Effects
- Experience working with outsource houses
- Familiarity with Unity, C# and Maya scripting including Mel scripts, Python, PyMel and/or the Maya API
- Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Our core hours are 10am to 6:00pm cst, which means you should be available for meetings etc. during this time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.