Responsible for writing copy for daily newscasts. Write day-of trending news stories, prompter intros, outros, and polishing all copy for entire program including scripts for field shoots.
Greater Atlanta Area
Jan 31, 2024
Responsible for writing copy for daily newscasts.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Write day-of trending news stories, prompter intros, outros, and polishing all copy for entire program including scripts for field shoots
- Write catchy headlines for topics
- Assist in the incorporation of any changes to copy as requested by producers/editors
- Establish and maintain consistent brand tone and style in copy
- Copyedit scripts and work with other staff and production personnel to improve and refine the elements of programs to conform to specific quality standards and time requirements.
- Pitch stories weekly and attend all daily pitch meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Three to five years of experience writing for broadcast television preferred
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Ability to thrive in a hard news environment that requires speed and accuracy.
- Able to review and polish producers, correspondents, and hosts copy for all studio and field shoots.
- Able to receive feedback and adjust copy accordingly for daily production.
- Able to multitask and prioritize a high-volume of copy needs in a short period of time every day.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, have a good sense of humor, and the ability to make copy pop for the high-intensity, rapid-fire nature of the program.
- Motivated by solid news judgment and thoughtful attention to detail and possess a willingness to raise questions or concerns in pursuit of telling the most accurate and engaging story possible.
- Able to work with a team of producers, correspondents, and hosts to write a consistent and cohesive program that maintains its brand across all platforms.
- Proven time-management skills.