Blizzard Entertainment: The Assistant Project Manager will primarily focus on coordinating and supervising project moves within the organization, ensuring flawless transitions for office relocations and related activities.
The Assistant Project Manager will primarily focus on coordinating and supervising project moves within the organization, ensuring flawless transitions for office relocations and related activities. In addition to move projects, this role will provide valuable support to the Senior Project Manager in handling small-scale Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment (FF&E) and construction projects. The Assistant Project Manager will work closely with the Senior Project Manager to deliver projects on time, within budget, and in accordance with quality standards.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Irvine, CA.
What you bring to the table:
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
Project Planning and Coordination
- Collaborate with the Senior Project Manager to define project scopes, objectives, and deliverables.
- Assist in developing comprehensive project plans, including schedules, budgets, and resource allocation.
- Lead the planning and execution of office and facility relocation projects, ensuring minimal disruption to operations.
- Coordinate logistics, communication, and vendor relationships for smooth moves.
FF&E and Construction Support
- Assist the Senior Project Manager in planning and completing small FF&E and construction projects.
- Participate in project scheduling, budget management, and quality control efforts.
- Identify and collaborate closely with vendors, contractors, and suppliers as needed for various projects.
- Monitor vendor performance, adherence to project requirements, and contract compliance.
- Coordinate and allocate resources, including personnel and equipment, for project tasks.
- Ensure teams have the vital tools and materials to complete their work effectively.
- Manage 3rd party resources for economies of scale.
Communication and Reporting
- Maintain regular and transparent communication with project partners, including internal clients and team members.
- Generate and distribute project progress reports, documentation, and updates.
- Assist in managing project budgets, tracking expenses, and finding opportunities for cost savings.
- Address budget variances and control project costs.
- Implement and enforce quality control measures to ensure project work meets or exceeds established standards.
- Conduct inspections and quality checks as needed.
- Identify potential project risks and collaborate with the Senior Project Manager to develop mitigation strategies.
- Address issues or obstacles that may impact project progress.
Health and Safety Compliance
- Ensure all project activities adhere to safety regulations and standard processes.
- Promote a culture of safety among project teams.
Closeout and Evaluation
- Assist in project closeout activities, including project handover, documentation, and final reporting.
- Contribute to post-project evaluations to identify lessons learned and areas for improvement.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in project management, construction management, or an equivalent combination of relevant workplace facilities experience.
- 1+ years proven experience in project management or assistant project management positions.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Proficiency in MS Project and Microsoft software. AutoCAD being a plus.
- Knowledge of construction and FF&E processes is a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Risk assessment capabilities; Strong problem -solving, resolution skills, and attention to detail.
- Experience in handling multiple task and projects concurrently
- Adaptability in working hours is required to meet project goals and accommodate project needs, including nights and weekends.
In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $21.63 - $40.02 Hourly.