KCBS2/KCAL9, the nation's largest duopoly and part of the CBS Owned & Operated stations in Los Angeles, is seeking an experienced broadcast/digital journalist to join the digital team as a digital content producer!
KCBS2/KCAL9, the nation's largest duopoly and part of the CBS Owned & Operated stations in Los Angeles, is seeking an experienced broadcast/digital journalist to join the digital team as a digital content producer! The Digital Content Producer will be responsible for the overall content production on a variety of platforms, including our website, social channels and stream. The candidate will write, copyedit, and produce news. The Producer manages distribution of content on social media and supports the stations’ multiplatform streaming objectives in both live and recorded formats.
We are looking for a high-performance, experienced individual who has strong editorial judgment, a background in breaking news, strong communication skills and an ability to identify and independently pursue unique local content! This position requires a clear understanding of the journalism process and ethics. Candidate should have news writing experience and be familiar with AP style. Must have experience working on a variety of social media platforms and understand how to best engage with viewers. Candidate should also have a basic understanding of how to analyze metrics to measure performance. Ideally, the candidate will have basic news producing experience and an understanding of how a newscast is put together. The candidate will be required to interact daily with national and local editorial staff to coordinate digital coverage and identify broadcast promotional opportunities. The candidate will be a diligent copyeditor who is meticulous about spelling, grammar, and overall accuracy of the content. The candidate must be creative and willing to think out-of-the-box to troubleshoot when technical issues arise.
- At least 2 years of experience writing news in a working newsroom
- Breaking news experience and a passion to own breaking news on all digital platforms
- Ability to write teases, stories and headlines for broadcast (Streaming) as well as AP style written content
- Experience with content management systems
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines in a fast-paced newsroom
- Must be available to work mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Proven strategy of sourcing and creating content for all social platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube and TikTok.
- Video and photo editing experience
- College degree in journalism or communication or comparable work experience
- Understanding of SEO strategies
- College Degree Required or Equivalent Experience
- At least 3+ years of experience
- Adept conversational writing skills, enabling you to build engaging and relatable news content
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring the highest quality standards in every aspect of news production
Hiring Salary Range: $55,068.00 - 90,000.00.