WBIR, the TEGNA-owned NBC affiliate in Knoxville, is looking for a highly skilled Visual Storyteller who can create exciting content for television, social media, and mobile. Our ideal candidate is familiar with the latest video and editing tools and techniques.
WBIR, the TEGNA-owned NBC affiliate in Knoxville, is looking for a highly skilled Visual Storyteller who can create exciting content for television, social media, and mobile. Our ideal candidate is familiar with the latest video and editing tools and techniques. They create unique and exciting content on all platforms. They are proficient with live news-gathering tools and can edit all elements for a fast-paced, highly produced newscast.
• Using the latest photography and editing tools.
• Creative storytelling with the highest journalistic standards.
• Using creative production techniques such as graphics and other forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
• Editing, filing and posting a variety of video elements including voice-overs, packages, bumpers and some promotional material.
• Show editing experience a plus.
• Ability to operate non-linear edit systems, experience with Edius is a plus.
• ENG shooting experience is also a plus, job requires gathering content in the field.
• Maintaining and being responsible for all issued station equipment and vehicles, in accordance with policy.
• Have a professional demeanor and work well/as a team player with news team and staff at all times.
• Ability to multi-task, handling editing assignments and capturing feeds and FTP material from multiple TEGNA stations, network affiliates and news partners, while constantly monitoring quality control.
• Performing other tasks as required by supervisor or news managers
• FAA Part 107 certification a plus, experience with drones a plus
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
• Experience in photojournalism, non-linear editing, and content management systems
• Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
• Demonstrated social media proficiency
• Demonstrated news judgment, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills
• Flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
• Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
• Knowledge of a variety of video cameras and non-linear editing platforms
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events