The Visual Effects Editor serves as a hub of film, video and digital editorial at Tippett Studio.
San Francisco Bay Area
Sep 14, 2023
The Visual Effects Editor serves as a hub of film, video and digital editorial at Tippett Studio. Half of this position is project-based and focused on working with our film-production clients to communicate their film’s edit to our Tippett Studio crew. The other half of the position is focused internally towards the Studio; generating demo reels, project breakdowns and other short videos to communicate our work to the world.
The below list describes only the essential functions of this job. Other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
- Act as primary interface between studio production editorial and Tippett Studio
- Work with Tippett technical leads to set-up project specifications.
- Receive all versions of all cuts of a given project and distribute to Tippett crew (track cut lengths, publish audio etc.).
- Receive photographic elements (bg plates and various elements) from client and publish to Tippett crew.
- Render periodic (~daily) “cut-ins” of VFX sequences for internal use or delivery to the client.
- Communicate any production cut changes to Tippett crew and/or Tippett proposals back up to production editorial.
- Creatively edit any Tippett-proposed sequences (cut previz, temp in sound fx to support animation etc.).
- Deliver project’s final shots and sequences to Tippet Studio PR and Marketing team.
- Edit demo reels, bid reels and project breakdown reels as needed
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks within deadlines.
- Proficient in current version of Avid Media Composer and Premiere Pro on MacOS.
- Minimum 2 years experience in Animation/Visual Effects production.
- Thorough understanding of digital production technologies and pipelines.
- Familiarity with Shotgun/Shotgrid, spreadsheets, and Unix command line.
To be considered for this position, please include links to your resume and reel.