The Producer will be based at the Nexstar Bureau in Washington, DC. The producer will identify, capture, edit, write, and publish content for use by Nexstar TV and digital newsrooms.
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Aug 28, 2023
Nexstar’s Washington, DC, Bureau is in search of a dynamic video Producer to provide compelling video content for all Nexstar platforms. The Producer will be based at the Nexstar Bureau in Washington, DC. The producer will identify, capture, edit, write, and publish content for use by Nexstar TV and digital newsrooms. The producer will collaborate with Nexstar local TV, Digital, and network (NewsNation) journalists to create unique video coverage.
The ideal candidate is a creative, detail-oriented individual, who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable working on a deadline. The candidate should have TV News and Digital journalism background with a knowledge of and interest in politics.
This is an “in the office” position.
- Search for compelling video and acquire, produce, write, and edit multiple vo, vo/sot, and digital video stories per day.
- Manage and run livestreams to be shared across the company.
- Attend editorial meetings and pitch ideas for unique video-centered pieces.
- Help maintain a database of available and reusable video pieces for publication across our array of stations, sites, and platforms.
- Exercise best practices for video style, format, tone, and the use of sensitive material.
- Collaborate with DC Bureau, Nexstar Newsfeed, and Nexstar Mediawire managers and producers.
- Monitor TV news usage and digital metrics.
Skill/ Experience Requirements
- 3-5 years of experience in news gathering and video production.
- Experience in Broadcast or Cable TV and Digital production.
- Strong TV and Digital writing skills.
- Self-starting, with an eagerness to find, pitch, and execute video projects.
- Familiarity with the Adobe suite of video production tools, graphic templates and video hosting platforms.
- Aptitude for working with and influencing people from different markets, backgrounds, and organizational structures.
- Solid foundation in journalism ethics on issues such as copyright and attribution.