The Dodo is seeking a creative, efficient and organized visual storyteller to join our team as a Video Editor.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Video Editor for El Dodo, you will be reporting to our Associate Managing Producer and you will have two main responsibilities: (1) focus on scaling our original content production by identifying and sourcing stories that will resonate with our audience and producing localized content for El Dodo in both mid-form, and short-form formats and (2) thoughtfully translate and repackage existing Dodo videos (including franchises) from English to Spanish using Adobe Premiere. To thrive in this role, you must demonstrate excellent storytelling skills and have a knack for scripting and producing compelling short-form and mid-form videos for digital platforms, including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and TikTok. The right candidate will have a good editorial instinct, a high-level of creativity, comprehensive understanding of the editing process at every stage, and will be an experienced translator who has an obsession with digital media.
- Create a certain number of videos per quarter, to be established with our associate managing producer, inclusive of original videos made from start to finish (i.e. sourcing, producing and editing) and repackaged video content made by translating existing Dodo videos.
- Regularly pitch on-brand stories for short-form and mid-form that will resonate with our Spanish speaking audience with a strong kernel and has an understanding of how to structure, produce and edit around a kernel to create high-performing content
- Produce an entire story with very little, if any, oversight from manager — conducting a pre-pro call with the talent, constructing a narrative, establishing a shot list that delivers on that vision, conducting interviews, and editing the produced footage into a cohesive story
- Create and maintain strong relationships with creators — this includes regularly following their platforms for updates and establishing a regular pipeline of communication for future pitches
- Expected to lead presentations or work hacks
- May be asked to create sponsored content
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Consistently exceeding team benchmarks (1-minute views for mid-form content and 3-second views for short-form content)
- Embracing new challenges and experimenting with new formats while remaining true to the brand and best practices
- Understanding business needs and individual role in meeting company goals
- Proactively taking on new projects and initiatives that contribute to the success of the team
WHO YOU ARE
- The Dodo is seeking a creative, efficient and organized visual storyteller to join our team as a Video Editor. We’ve seen rapid audience growth on El Dodo since launching in 2017, and we’re looking for someone who is excited to build on this momentum and motivated to grow with us.
- 3-4 years of editorial experience in video editing and storytelling
- Fluent Spanish, able to communicate and narrate (writing/speaking) in a universal, native and conversational tone
- An expert in copywriting, writing scripts (in Spanish), and translating (English to Spanish and vice versa)
- Possesses a deep understanding of social media platforms, including TikTok, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube, and what video formats work on each
- A proactive, can-do attitude and desire to collaborate with others across the team
- Has a clear point of view on structure, script and social copy — every story is created around a strong kernel from the pitch stage forward (even if that kernel changes)
- Advanced experience with Premiere and After Effects