As an Artist (Video) you will be responsible for crafting industry-leading game trailers and supporting video media content produced by the Marketing Creative department for the Call of Duty franchise.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Oct 24, 2022
You will share in multiple areas of production from start to finish, including game capture, editorial, post-FX, and finishing, both crafting your own assets and supporting other Artists and Senior Artists. This position reports into the Creative Team Lead (Video).
- Capable of following and conceptualizing on creative briefs for video production in the following areas:
- Build media content and game trailers for our IPs from scratch using acombination of gameplay capture, sound design, and music. This can include short-form social content up to long-form trailers.
- Work with Leads and ACDs to develop shot lists, storyboards, and outlines as needed.
- Capable of creative conceptualization with skills in trailer editing techniques, including music editing and sound design at a high-quality.
- Applying post-effects to footage including camera-shake, transitions, color-correction, or any other supporting software or plugins.
- Extensive knowledge in post-production workflows, including cutdowns, versioning, video codecs and delivery formats, transcoding, and media management.
- Occasionally direct and capture gameplay with knowledge of shot composition, blocking, and camera workflows (depth of field, aperture, focus, lenses).
- Working with and troubleshooting game development builds to manipulate camera tools to achieve cinematic gameplay capture.
- Work with and support other editors and capture artists in a collaborative environment.
- Proficient in editing with Adobe Premiere CC, with supporting knowledge in After Effects, Photoshop, and other relevant editorial software and plugins.
- Experience in gameplay capture or videography/cinematography a plus.
- Ability to work within timelines and adapt creatively when scope is adjusted with a solutions-focused demeanor and composure.
- Passion and understanding of gaming, with a foundational knowledge of the first-person genre.
- Prioritize asks and multitask effectively when needed during sophisticated project.
- Good listener and able to give and take creative suggestions.
- A portfolio or demo reel showcasing editorial work.
- 4-5+ years of experience in the video gaming industry working on equivalent forms of assets.
- College degree in the requisite field or equivalent experience preferred.