The VP Product Strategy, Disney+ and Hulu sits at the intersection of Product Management and the Disney+ and Hulu Business teams to ensure that our product roadmap addresses the needs of our business and our subscribers.
The VP Product Strategy, Disney+ and Hulu sits at the intersection of Product Management and the Disney+ and Hulu Business teams to ensure that our product roadmap addresses the needs of our business and our subscribers. In this role, you will work across business stakeholders and your Product and Engineering peers to drive alignment across all teams. This role reports to the SVP of Product Management, Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology.
Disney+ and Hulu are two of the most important consumer facing entertainment services at The Walt Disney Company and it takes careful coordination across technologists, finance teams, business leaders, studio executives, legal and strategic partners to ensure we are driving value to the business while also delighting our subscribers. This role is uniquely hybrid. On the one hand, you will be embedded with the Disney+ and Hulu business teams, ensuring that the requirements and needs of the business are understood and addressed. On the other hand, you will be part of the Product Management team, helping to guide and prioritize what our technical teams build as well as educating business stakeholders on product strategy, constraints and resource challenges. A typical day may include you presenting the product roadmap to stakeholder executives, meeting with product peers to articulate strategy, deep dives with engineering architects and discussions with finance to model business impact.
The right candidate must be business savvy, technically confident across a breadth of product disciplines, a skilled communicator and comfortable presenting to the most senior levels of the company.
- Partner with the Disney+ and Hulu business teams to understand market challenges and work with your Product peers to propose solutions
- Bring a laser focused Disney+ and Hulu lens to the breadth of what we build at The Walt Disney Company.
- Ensure that our Product Roadmap and the features we build meet or exceed business needs.
- Present the Product Roadmap to leaders across the company, from film executives to regional business leaders.
- Educate our business partners and non-technical executives on how our product solutions work to ensure that the business and our technical teams are fully aligned.
- Communicate technical and resourcing constraints to business teams to help guide prioritization.
- Partner with business leaders to create very senior level material, including everything from monthly business updates to strategic summaries for the Board of Directors.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant work experience in product management and technology.
- Prior success building and executing product roadmaps for technology capabilities at a global business.
- Demonstrated ability to use data to drive decisions and back up assumptions and recommendations.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills including presentation to large audiences and executives.
- Ability to work with engineering teams to discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks, evaluate alternative approaches and make critical prioritization decisions.
- A confident leader who is able to speak on behalf of senior executives
- Innate emotional intelligence with a proven ability to navigate complex topics with many stakeholders.
The hiring range for this position in California is $266,000 to $356,700 per year.