As ILM continues its growth in Sydney, we are seeking a Recruiter to join our team of 5 and be a part of this exciting industry. As the newest Sydney studio Recruiter, you will be responsible for supporting the successful selection and hiring of the best talent for Industrial Light & Magic.
As ILM continues its growth in Sydney, we are seeking a Recruiter to join our team of 5 and be a part of this exciting industry. As the newest Sydney studio Recruiter, you will be responsible for supporting the successful selection and hiring of the best talent for Industrial Light & Magic. Since our studio opened in 2019, the team has hired 500+ people and there is still a huge runway ahead of us. You will have ownership of several departments within the studio and will own hiring from when the vacancy is opened to offering the role to a new colleague.
This position does require some understanding of hiring in a creative industry, ideally with knowledge of VFX, animation, or games, and their various artist disciplines, as well as how a production pipeline could work. Key to this role is the ability to cultivate an environment of care and collaboration, and experience of working in a global company.
What will you be doing?
- Source, screen, interview, and recommend candidates for overhead and artist positions, including working with Recruitment Coordinators and negotiating job offers while creating a positive experience for candidates
- Assess immigration and relocation needs, obtain appropriate approvals and facilitate process with our HR business partners as needed
- Set up a sourcing strategy based on a thorough understanding of position requirements and maintaining an active candidate pool to anticipate future hiring needs of the studio
- Kick off hiring with collaborative hiring meetings and creating documentation that keeps the hiring team together through the process.
- Help build a talent pool and maintain global applicant tracking database along with reporting on appropriate metrics for key stakeholders
- Participate in the continuous improvement of Industrial Light & Magic’s employment brand by taking part in various social media campaigns and recruitment events such as career fairs, industry conferences, open houses and school forums
- Create interview guides/documentation to help scale interview teams and guide interviewers on best practice
- Help deliver interview training to your interviewers
- Establish and maintain good partnerships with hiring managers, HR business partners, and the global talent acquisition team
- Participate in a variety of projects within the global talent acquisition team
- Build and deliver hiring events in Sydney and other locations
To be a contributing member of this team, you will have a mix of these skills:
- You have at least 3 years experience in recruitment, ideally (but not necessarily) specialising in the creative, VFX and/or animation industries. This can be agency or internal but would love a mix of both!
- You have worked in sourcing and recruiting creative candidates from outreach through to offer.
- You are proficient in sourcing candidates via various tools (LinkedIn, social networks, job boards, etc.) and using/maintaining an applicant tracking system. We use Workday but are very interested in someone who has experience with other ATS..
- You appreciate data for its reality and how it can help drive meaningful conversations in recruitment. We do not measure success just on metrics and this is not a KPI lead environment..
- You enjoy the challenge of hard to find candidates from across the globe. This is a challenging industry!
- Ideally you will have sourced candidates in other geographies and worked on relocating them to Australia.
- You love to learn as you go and have worked in a distributed team. If you haven’t before, hopefully you will have always wanted to work in a creative company.
- You have attended events and have an interest in helping us drive this further in 2024.
- You have managed a core req load and up to 7 stakeholders at one time. This role partners closely with department leads, Talent Managers, HR leadership and artists of all levels.