The Travel Products Editor is tasked with leading coverage of travel products for CNN Underscored. The editor is tasked with sourcing quality products for travel guides and other roundups, researching and testing travel-related products and finding deals on other travel-adjacent products.
The Travel Products Editor is tasked with leading coverage of travel products for CNN Underscored. The editor is tasked with sourcing quality products for travel guides and other roundups, researching and testing travel-related products and finding deals on other travel-adjacent products. The editor will also assist with Travel Rewards content on an as-needed basis, so a knowledge of travel loyalty programs is a huge plus.
The Travel Products Editor works closely with the Lifestyle Editor and Senior Money/Travel Rewards Editor to build out a strategic editorial calendar based on tentpole events, sales, and relevant trending products and services.
Your Role Accountabilities…
- Keep abreast of the travel landscape, identifying key consumer trends and travel products that will resonate with the CNN Underscored audience. This includes suitcases, backpacks, packing cubes, and other travel-related accessories.
- Extensively research, write, edit and produce commerce-related content, including news hits on new travel product launches, reviews and roundup-style posts.
- Manage a roster of freelance writers to assist with daily content production.
- Coordinate and assist the Money/Travel Rewards Editor with travel rewards content, including editing stories that cover loyalty programs, travel benefits and perks, airline and hotel elite status and similar topics on an as-needed basis.
- Help drive product testing in the travel space, working closely with the SEO Manager and testing team to identify opportunities and spearhead the testing process through to copy.
- Optimize new and existing content based on market trends and analytical insights specific to the CNN Underscored audience demographics.
- Work with the video and social teams to translate coverage to other Underscored platforms. Experience on-camera a big plus.
- Note that the Travel Products Editor is not expected to travel on a regular basis. Rather, this position will rely more on research and reporting than travel experience. However, there may be travel opportunities throughout the year.
Qualifications & Experience…
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in writing about travel and a strong interest in ecommerce.
- Passion for travel, with the ability to break down potentially complex topics into an easily digestible format.
- Flawless grammar and spelling.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite and comfortable using content management systems.
- Strong creative and writing skills are required for this position. Must be detail-oriented, organized and have strong communication skills.
- Excels at short-term assignments that often require the application of independent judgment.
- Ability to manage freelance personnel and balance assignments to match the needs of the Travel vertical’s editorial content calendar.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $77,840.00 - $144,560.00 salary per year.