Hearst Magazines is looking for a TikTok- and pop culture-obsessed temporary coordinator to help ideate, produce, and edit social videos across our portfolio of brands (this includes Cosmopolitan, Elle, and Esquire).
Greater New York City Area
Sep 13, 2023
Hearst Magazines is looking for a TikTok- and pop culture-obsessed temporary coordinator to help ideate, produce, and edit social videos across our portfolio of brands (this includes Cosmopolitan, Elle, and Esquire). The ideal candidate should have a solid sense of what type of fashion, beauty, and general lifestyle content people respond to on TikTok and Instagram and be able to ID trends and iterate accordingly. We’re looking for a self-starter who is comfortable using data to help inform their work and partnering independently with various people and teams.
In your application, please include your resume and 1-3 examples of TikToks and/or Reels you have created.
What you'll do:
- Track daily trends and help ID and anticipate emerging topics and sounds as well as creators to watch across TikTok and Instagram
- Dig into existing archive footage to ID engaging content to clip into standalone short-form vertical video for key social video platforms
- Attend local red carpets and other cultural events to capture footage for TikTok, conducting interviews as needed
- Receive and implement feedback from various stakeholders
- Field and refine inbound pitches from the brand editors, freelancers, and PR contacts
Who you are:
- Ability to ideate, shoot, and align video content and ideas to each brand’s unique voice; candidates should have an interest/passion in one or more key content areas that are important to our titles — e.g. fashion (men’s or women’s), beauty, pop culture, and/or lifestyle inspo and advice
- A self-starter, who is comfortable using metrics and analyzing past performers to inform overall content strategy
- Must be comfortable (and professional) interacting with internal and external high-profile talent
- Proficient at video editing and using in-app tools on TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro is a plus
- Available to work 35-40 hours per week
The base rate for this role is $27/hr at 35 hours a week.