Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology (DE&E Technology) is looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager to join our Technical Program Management team. You’ll be responsible for managing the software engineering team(s) developing a multi-platform client side SDK, which functions as the client side library for interacting with backend systems across the Disney Streaming ecosystem.
San Francisco Bay Area, Greater Los Angeles Area, Greater Seattle Area, Greater New York City Area
Jan 08, 2024
Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology (DE&E Technology) is looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager to join our Technical Program Management team. You’ll be responsible for managing the software engineering team(s) developing a multi-platform client side SDK, which functions as the client side library for interacting with backend systems across the Disney Streaming ecosystem. This includes the Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and Star+ applications. You'll also function as the primary contact for Product and other Engineering teams. You will help ensure our teams are aligned with the product roadmap and deliver best-in-class consumer applications for all of our products.
Locations: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, NYC, Bristol
● You are obsessed with the delivery of quality software, regardless of the challenges
● You promote team synergy among project team members, and foster transparent communication
● You build strong relationships with partnered engineering teams
● You display initiative and take a proactive approach at finding ways to remove barriers to move a project forward
● You are able to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing multiple work streams in a deadline driven environment
● You are constantly seeking ways to improve at every iteration, making suggestions for improvement
● You are an excellent communicator, capable of managing stakeholders in multiple disciplines across several global offices
● You are willing to support your fellow colleagues to successfully complete projects on time.
● Responsible for developing a roadmap for the team and keeping it in line with the priorities defined by product
● Execute on several projects concurrently, with a remote & distributed Engineering team, while balancing competing priorities
● Facilitate and solidify project processes by creating, managing, and updating documentation
● Keep stakeholders informed of day-to-day project statuses, updates, and risks
● Cultivate relationships across engineering and technical teams while serving directly as the end-to-end liaison
● Identify solution paths for competing requirements while managing stakeholder preferences
● Demonstrate product knowledge, and facilitate the development of requirements in consideration of known technical capabilities and limitations
● Work with backend and service teams to establish the needs of your team, continually communicate risks to all stakeholders, and facilitate discussions to help remove blockers
● 3+ years experience as a Project Manager managing large scale projects
● BA/BS or equivalent experience required
● Have technical literacy in order to be able to follow technical discussions and absorb technical documentation
● Proficient understanding of technical architecture and workflow for system/domain of the team(s) and identify potential impacts to components of those systems based on requirements
● Experience running a consumer application development project through the entire SDLC
● Knowledge of project management processes including Agile, Kanban, Waterfall
● Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
The hiring range for this position in California is $112,300.00 to $150,500.00 per year.