News Production Operations at Univision Chicago is looking for a Technical Director with skills in broadcast/media management and technical operations to join our team! Responsibilities include overseeing the technical aspects related to the broadcast production from the Production Control Room - production switcher and basic understanding of all equipment in the PCR.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Chicago Area
Jan 22, 2024
News Production Operations at Univision Chicago is looking for a Technical Director with skills in broadcast/media management and technical operations to join our team!
Responsibilities include overseeing the technical aspects related to the broadcast production from the Production Control Room - production switcher and basic understanding of all equipment in the PCR. The Technical Director will report to the VP of Operations.
The News Production Operations Team culture is one of responsiveness to internal clients and to inform the external audience.
Suppose you are excited about creating content for a large audience and are passionate about your community and its challenges. In that case, being a leader in the Univision Chicago News Production Operation team is your job.
This position will require the employee to be a member or join the NABET bargaining unit.
- Operate a Sony switcher.
- Operate switcher and Direct promos and briefs.
- Apply technical expertise to resolve technical issues that arise in the control room.
- Collaborate closely with producers and production staff in preparing rundowns and coordinating graphics.
- Manage and lead the technical crew during shift.
- Work with Engineering to ensure that all equipment is operating properly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in television production or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as Technical Director of live shows.
- Must have a working knowledge of control room workflows and an understanding of basic audio, GFX, and server playouts.
- Knowledge of Sony Switcher and Sony ELC automation software is preferred.
- Understand proper video and audio levels.
- Knowledge of iNEWS, Mira, and Microsoft Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Must have the leadership skills to manage and lead the technical crew during their shift.
- Must communicate effectively with producers and production staff to prepare rundowns and coordinate graphics.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Must be able to perform well under pressure and live event situations.
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
- Employees will be expected to commit to a specific schedule in the time indicated.
- As this position supports a 24x7 operation, the candidate must, in addition to being able to work regular hours, have on-call availability and flexibility to workdays, nights, overnights, weekends, and holidays as needed and without advance notice. Additionally, the candidate may be required to work on-site for extended periods to provide coverage in special circumstances, such as natural or man-made disasters or weather coverage.
Day, Evening, Overnight