Reporting to the News Director, the Technical Director / Editor is a full-time position within the Technology & Operations Department that will be primarily responsible for coding and directing local newscasts using the GV Stratus and Carbonite + Ross Overdrive Automated Production Control system.
The Telemundo Utah Technology & Operations department provides Technical Support, Engineering, Media Operations, Production, and Studio services for internal clients for the local portfolio of NBCU Owned Television Station businesses. The Technology & Operations team has responsibility for partnering with our local & division teams to operate and support the technical systems used at NBCU Owned Television Stations KULX.
Reporting to the News Director, the Technical Director / Editor is a full-time position within the Technology & Operations Department that will be primarily responsible for coding and directing local newscasts using the GV Stratus and Carbonite + Ross Overdrive Automated Production Control system. The role requires that you possess the necessary self-discipline to take ownership and responsibility for the on-air product, including camera shots, graphics and video clips playback, lighting, monitors, set preparation, and any other technical aspect of the production of a newscast and/or local special show. You will be part of a talented team of operators, editors, producers and reporters that demonstrate superb intercommunication skills, delivering the best local news stories of the Denver, Colorado area market, while also ensuring the highest levels of quality and performance. The role will suit individuals who are excited by the opportunity to work with leading edge technologies that maximize operations and quality of all technical workflows.
The Technical Director / Editor is also responsible for editing local news stories for the daily produced newscast, as well as submitting technical reports that document the technical difficulties and/or achievements that were faced during the live production of the newscast and/or show. The Technical Director / Editor will have demonstrated experience in technical leadership amongst peers and is expected to be dedicated to advancing their knowledge and skills on the technical operation of the technologies he/she uses on a day-to-day basis.
- Code and direct local newscasts using Ross Overdrive Automated Production Control environment.
- Work with producers and news talent in a collaborative effort to execute a flawless newscast.
- Direct, edit, and produce technical aspects of newscasts and other productions such as promos, cut-ins, special reports, and other projects assigned inside a studio environment or outside.
- Responsible for the on-air product, including camera shots, graphic and clip playback, lighting, monitors, sets, and any other technical aspect of the production.
- Edit video/audio and create graphic elements for the newscasts or any other production as required.
- Submit cue sheets for music aired during newscasts
- Conduct multimedia management by archiving, purging, and transferring content in our media environment
- Additional duties as needed/assigned to better the production of the newscast.
• Must be willing to work in Salt Lake City, Utah.
• Willingness to travel and work outside standard hours, weekends, and holidays with short notice.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Minimum 3 years’ working in a newsroom environment that produces daily live newscasts.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in audio, video and graphics editing platforms such as but not limited to Grass Valley Edius and Adobe Premiere.
• Experience working with newsroom control systems (NRCS) such as Avid iNews, Dalet, Inceptio, etc.
• Experience working with automated production control systems, such as Ross Overdrive, Ross CamBot (robotic camera systems), graphic/clip playback and video/audio ingest and playback.
• Experience operating video production switchers such as Ross Acuity.
• Must be available to work (whenever necessary) early mornings, evenings, holidays, and extended hours.
• Must be willing to perform any task assigned for the betterment of the newscast.