Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking for a Pipeline TD to craft, develop, and implement critical pipeline tools and workflows, support artists and creative leadership, and is the primary technical liaison for vendors on an animated TV series.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Aug 14, 2023
Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking for a Pipeline TD to craft, develop, and implement critical pipeline tools and workflows, support artists and creative leadership, and is the primary technical liaison for vendors on an animated TV series. The role also requires facilitating efficient transfers of CG data between the various sites involved in production with the ability to work across many departments. Onsite teams to support include Story, Art, Editorial, Assets, and Production.
- Assist in establishing studio goals and strategize on future technical infrastructure on the show
- Work closely with various departments including Editorial, Art, Story, Assets, and the Production management team to streamline and further the production workflow
- Propose, design, implement, test, and support extensions to existing studio pipelines
- Assist artists with troubleshooting and debugging of production issues. Issues may include data management sharing and transfers between studios.
- Maintain internal and user facing documentation
- Help train artists and production teams as needed both internally and at vendor studios
- Primary liaison between TV Production and Animation Technology staff for operations, file, and network systems issues
- Maintain awareness of new tools, software, and animation industry trends
- Writes tools or troubleshoot issues in Maya, Motion Builder, Blender, Unreal, Shotgrid, After Effects, Storyboard Pro and other software.
- Work closely with MoCap TD
- Experience working with animation software applications (Maya, Blender, Unreal)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Animation Production, or equivalent experience in a related field
- 2-3 years of experience with CG animation pipelines. TV pipeline knowledge a big plus
- Experience with Shotgun/ShotGrid (web & Toolkit) and RV
- Strong math and programming skills. Expert in Python.
- Ability to support (non-technical) artists
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to solve big multi-disciplinary problems
- Experience with 3rd party packages such as Maya, Nuke, Redshift, or Arnold. Houdini experience a plus.
- Coursework or other studies in computer graphics or 3D game development
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Exceptional communication skills
Weekly Hiring Salary Range: $1850.0 - 2200.0.