The BET Media Group (BMG) is seeking a seasoned and proven marketing leader to help steward and execute the vision of the BMG’s next chapter.
The BET Media Group (BMG) is seeking a seasoned and proven marketing leader to help steward and execute the vision of the BMG’s next chapter. As the Senior Vice President of Marketing, you will be a pivotal leader responsible for crafting and executing marketing strategies that drive audience engagement, expand brand presence, and help to maximize revenue opportunities across The BET Media Group’s portfolio and ecosystem. This candidate will be instrumental in creating innovative marketing strategies and plans that captivate audiences and further position The BET Media Group as the leading media and entertainment company serving the Black audience. This executive will report directly to the EVP & Chief Marketing Officer, Kimberly Paige, and will collaborate closely with internal teams and external partners to achieve business objectives.
- ·Create, articulate, and implement winning integrated marketing plans that drive brand health and performance objectives in support of the BET and VH1 brand.
This includes, but, not limited to:
- Show Premieres & Launch campaigns
- News Specials
- Social Impact Initiatives
- Tentpole Events
- Brand Beats/Cultural Moments (HBCU, Juneteenth, BHM, Women’s History Month, etc.)·
- Work closely with CMO to develop and lead all marketing efforts of BET and VH1 across all platforms (Above the Line, Paid Media and Social, Experiential, etc.)
- ·Inspire, and lead a diversely talented brand marketing team and cultivate an environment of innovation and breakthrough performance.
- ·Strengthen the company’s brand health and love across all across all media channels and touchpoints.
- ·Devise strategies that enhance audience engagement and interaction through social media, cross promotion, streaming platforms and other digital channels.
- ·Day to Day leadership of media and agency partners.
- ·Ensure consistency, integrity of the BET and VH1 Brand positioning and architecture from strategy to creative execution.
- ·Leverage analytics and use a data-driven approach to stay at the forefront of consumer and marketplace trends to ensure efforts are delivered with impact and with efficiency.
- ·Implement performance metrics to evaluate marketing initiatives.
- ·Serve as an integral voice within the executive team by collaborating with other divisions/functions to create a unified and coordinated strategy, both internally and in the marketplace.
- ·Collaborate with BET's show creators and program suppliers to develop marketing strategies designed to gain maximum exposure and promotional value for BET's programs.
- ·15+ years of senior-level marketing experience (MBA Preferred), with proven track record of delivering successful marketing strategies and campaigns.
- ·Creative and data driven mindset to ensure efforts are bold, relevant and reach desired audience/community.
- ·In-depth knowledge of media, social and digital platforms.
- ·Excellent communication skills and negotiation skills with the ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships.
- ·Culturally competent with a deep understanding and love of Black audience.
- ·Multi-dimensional thinker who operates not only on the basis of important past experiences, but in light of new approaches and developments that occur in marketing and the overall marketplace.
- ·Proven success in viewer/consumer retention and acquisition.
- ·Performance history of driving rapid growth in a high-energy, rapidly- changing, collaborative environment.
- ·Proven willingness to take chances and be at the forefront of marketing strategy, whether by type of media or style.
- ·Keen understanding of consumer trends, especially as they relate to diverse genres, modes of consumption and viewer demographics.
- ·Expertise using data and analytics to support and evaluate marketing strategies.
- ·Ability to clearly articulate brand vision internally and externally.
- ·A strong team builder who understands from experience the intrinsic importance of building and nurturing powerful teams through leadership, management, hiring, and employee retention.
LOCATION: New York
Hiring Salary Range: $285,000.00 - 365,000.00.